11.25.2008

It's official

Ada is getting a little sister! We found out last week and she looks perfect! I have to admit, I've struggled a little bit with this. I wanted a boy so badly. Every time I felt sick, every second I spent throwing up, or not being able to take care of my family, I told myself " If this is a boy, it's the last one, I can't do this again." So my struggle lies, not in the fact that this wonderful little girl will be the next member of our family, but in the fact that there will come another time when I will be totally sick, miserable and not able to take care of my family. Ada is very excited and I am really glad that I will get to use all of the clothes that I have been storing for almost four years again. I know that this is exactly how our family is supposed to be. Every day I read something, or hear something or remember something that reassures me that the Lord knows what he is doing by sending this little girl to our home. We really are blessed and I know the Lord will continue to bless us. Now we only have to wait about four more months to meet this little one!

8 comments:

Lindsy said...

Yeah for girls! I was kind of sad when we found out we were having another girl too, but I am so glad Bey will have a sister. And it is savig us so much money, I have hardly had to buy anything!

This Just In... said...

Congratulations! I got your text, but my phone battery died (of course!!!) We're very excited for you! At least Ada will have a best friend for life in her sister. Happy Thanksgiving!

Nicole said...

I LOVE that my girls can share clothes! It makes all those boxes worth it.

Sorry we didn't really get to talk to you guys the other night at the b-ball dinner...we had to get home to meet our real-estate agent.

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving...we'll get together soon.

Anonymous said...

How fun for Ada to have a sister! Congrats!

dixonfamily said...

I thought I left a comment a week ago, but apparently I was interrupted or something...anyway...We are so excited that you're going to have another girl!! You'll get to use all of those adorable clothes you had with Ada! I'm sorry that you've been sick and that you're going to have to go through it all again to get a boy. The Lord apparently knows what you need and this little girl needs to come now. Do you have any names picked out? We are just so excited for you guys! Love you all!

ANGELA said...

Yea! Another girl that will be so fun. How is everything going? I miss you. One day we really will have to get together!

Anonymous said...

This is Miriam F.
I don't even remember how I happened upon your blog. I just wanted to say congrats and I know how you feel. But with boys. I don't even know if I have any hope to have a girl. I hope y'all are good. I'm definitely not trying 7 times like Mary! It sounds like you're good.

Anonymous said...

I should have previewed that comment. Oops.