8.29.2007

The fallen soldier

Yesterday Ada and I went to visit Emerson at school and take him some things he had forgotten. So we are walking down the hall when all of a sudden she takes off running, turns right and starts running down another hallway, she is doing this while wearing her galoshes, her "glass slippers" of choice for the outing. She is about to turn another corner when she looses one of her boots. She stops momentarily, looks at the "fallen soldier" and I could see the thought bubble forming that said " It's not worth it, leave it and keep running!" And so she did, she took off running down the hallway minus one boot and giggling. Meanwhile I'm trying to catch her and not fall over because I am laughing so hard. After said toddler is caught and the fallen soldier is rescued we proceeded to Emerson's classroom to recount the tale. I hope that she is always this funny.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dont you wish you could have a video camera attached to your purse so you could get all of these moments on film

The Lovells said...

seriously, I could probably make some dang funny movies!