11.28.2007

No pictures, but plenty of excitement!

So we've been pretty busy lately. Between the holiday and the BYU v. Utah football game, basketball and family time, we've had some late nights and long days. But it's always worth it. The most exciting part of it all was Monday. I think most of you know that Kara (my little sis) is "in the family way". She is due in April and my Mom and Ada and I got to go with them to the ultrasound appointment. It was so fun to see the little one moving around. And Kara's Christmas wish came true, They're having a boy! He's healthy and growing and he even put on a little show during the ultrasound. He waved and yawned and showed off for us. It was really fun. We managed to get our Christmas decorating done and our little tree makes me smile every time I see it. We finally got some snow and Ada loved trying to catch it on her tongue. Mom is heading home today and it's back to reality for us. Ada finally got her flu shot and I have to work tonight. It's been good to reflect and see what I am grateful for. I'm really trying to focus on the spirit of Christmas this year, and giving more of myself. I am so excited to be able to teach Ada about baby Jesus and for her to understand. I really love this time of year! Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Katie said...

I didn't know that Kara was preggers! Congratulation Kara. I love Christmas time too. My brother started a tradition with his kids and they make Christmas eve and Christmas day all about Christ, then they have Santa come on New years or just a different day. That way they have two different Holidays and make sure to focus on the important stuff and the kids still get to have fun with

ANGELA said...

It sounds like you guys are happy! How is basketball season going? Hopefully, you get to see Emerson some time!