I got a Barnes and Noble giftcard for my birthday (thanks grandma and grandpa J!) and I don't have any idea what books I should get. So that's where I need help. Have you read anything good lately?
Hey Beth, I would recommend Liberal Faicism by Johah Goldberg. The Book Thief... I can't remember the author, and Oh I know check out my book shelf on facebook cuz I am falling asleep right now...
I second "These is My Words." I've been looking at canning and food storage books too, but while useful, they're not really fun. Anything by Madeleine Brent, but you might have to go to the out of print section of Barnes and Noble online. Anyway, happy reading, and happy late birthday!
Anything by Shannon Hale-- The Goose Girl, Enna Burning, River Secrets, The Princess Academy, and/or Book of a Thousand Days. They saved me... I was having withdrawals after finishing "Breaking Dawn," and I turned to Shannon Hale's books. I couldn't put them down!
8 comments:
Hi Beth! I'm not sure what types of books you are into but I just LOVE the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. That's my two cents...
Hey Beth,
I would recommend Liberal Faicism by Johah Goldberg. The Book Thief... I can't remember the author, and Oh I know check out my book shelf on facebook cuz I am falling asleep right now...
Have you read These Is My Words? I didn't think I would like it at first, but it ended up as one of my tops.
The Road by Cormac McCarthy is really good...a little gross at times but profound.
I second "These is My Words." I've been looking at canning and food storage books too, but while useful, they're not really fun. Anything by Madeleine Brent, but you might have to go to the out of print section of Barnes and Noble online. Anyway, happy reading, and happy late birthday!
Anything by Shannon Hale-- The Goose Girl, Enna Burning, River Secrets, The Princess Academy, and/or Book of a Thousand Days. They saved me... I was having withdrawals after finishing "Breaking Dawn," and I turned to Shannon Hale's books. I couldn't put them down!
I would agree with the last post. Shannon Hale is really good, I loved, loved, loved "A Book of a Thousand Days." Any of her books are good though.
Do you not realize that your sister Kara is obsessed with books? Give her a call and she will give many many recommendations:)
Post a Comment